Get out and experience the Canadian great outdoors! The Dog Mountain Trail is a short, easy hike from Mount Seymour that offers a spectacular view of Vancouver on a clear day!
THIS IS AN EASY TO INTERMEDIATE HIKE! With over minimal gain in elevation gain and 5 kms roundtrip this hike in considered a short hike but a bit technical in some areas. Shoes/boots with good support are a must. We also suggest bringing enough water and snacks or a lunch! No sandals/Converse! We recommend fitness clothing (stretchy or quick dry hiking clothes) and would advise against jeans. Hiking poles are recommended but not required. This hike will take approximately 2 hours round trip which includes breaks and selfie stops. We recommend bringing a lunch for a picnic with a view at the top!
We will also be giving each attendee a small breakfast once we get to the hike!
1. UBC at the Thea Koerner House (6371 Crescent Road) at 9:00am sharp! Please arrive 15 mins early to check in.
2. Park Inn (898 W Broadway) at 9:20 am. Please arrive 15 mins early to check in with staff, you will be picked up by a bright yellow school bus.
3. Canada Place (bus pickup zone) at 9:45 am. Please arrive 15 mins early to check in with staff.
The bus will leave at 2:00pm sharp. Please arrive for 1:45pm and time your return hike accordingly. The bus will make stops only at Canada Place, Broadway and UBC on the way back.
- We do not accept walk-ons or day of ticket purchases. All students must sign a waiver prior to attending the hiking trip.
- Tickets for Non-grads are on a first-come first-serve basis and with limited spaces available as priority is given to graduate students members. (Non-Grad Students are defined by UBC staff/faculty, spouses or partners, and family of grad students)
- Refunds: Any refund requests must be made at least 7 days prior to the event date.
- If you request a refund after purchasing your ticket, note that Eventbrite won’t return the fees that they collected (new policy).
- To avoid EventBrite fees, in-person pre-event registration at the GSS Office is available with exact cash or cheque only. No registration will be held via phone request.