[ultimate_heading main_heading=”Student Executive” heading_tag=”h1″ main_heading_margin=”margin-top:26px;margin-bottom:24px;”][/ultimate_heading]
The GSS is directed by a five-member group of student executives, elected annually by UBC graduate students.
Together, the GSS Student Executives represent and advocate for all graduate students at UBC Vancouver to UBC, all three levels of government, and community organizations.
Your GSS Student Executives run your student society and manage the day-to-day operations, including advocacy, businesses, committees, events, finances, student services, Graduate Student Centre (GSC), and more.
Have a question or suggestion? Some of our best projects come from feedback by fellow graduate students, so please feel free to email your GSS executives or come by and visit them.
Open office hours for our executives:
- Philip: 12 – 3 pm on Thursdays and Fridays
- Pouya: 11 am – 3 pm on Fridays
- Razi: available on Fridays excluding period from 11 am to 1:30 pm
- Sara: 9 am – 12 pm on Thursdays; 9 am to 2 pm on Fridays
[ultimate_heading main_heading=”Graduate Student Senators” heading_tag=”h1″ main_heading_margin=”margin-top:26px;margin-bottom:24px;”][/ultimate_heading]
Our Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Student Senators are the voice for graduate students on UBC Senate. They represent graduate students and ensure their interests are represented fairly on UBC Senate.
The Student Senators promote graduate student career development, increase communication to promote awareness of key graduate student issues on the Senate and to gain student feedback.
Your GSS Student Senators are two of the 18 student representatives on the UBC Senate. The Senate is the highest governing body responsible for all academic matters, including admissions, awards and scholarships, approval of new courses and programs, examination policies, and curriculum changes. All matters dealt with in senate affects all students one way or another!
[ultimate_heading main_heading=”Past GSS Student Executives and Senators” main_heading_color=”#ffffff” heading_tag=”h1″ main_heading_margin=”margin-top:26px;margin-bottom:24px;”][/ultimate_heading]
- Senator: Miranda Huron (May-July 2017)
- President: Genevieve Cruz
- VP University & Academic Affairs: Mahshid Ghaffartehrani
- VP External Relations: Nicholas McGregor
- VP Students: Jennifer DeBoer (May 2016 – January 2017) & Taran Dhillon (February-April 2017)
- Financial & Executive Oversight Officer: Dante Mendoza
- Graduate + Post Doctoral Studies Student Senators: Miranda Huron and Jason Speidel
- President: Tobias Friedel
- VP University & Academic Affairs: Enav Zusman
- VP External Relations: Bingyu (Gloria) Liu
- VP Students: Kevin Mehr
- Financial & Executive Oversight Officer: Xiaolei Deng
- Graduate + Post Doctoral Studies Student Senators: Sarah Simon and Nicholas Dawson
- President: Colúm Connolly
- VP Administration: Kevin Mehr
- VP Academic & External Affairs: Daniel Wood
- VP Finance: Tobias Friedel
- VP Services: Min Xia
- Graduate + Post Doctoral Studies Student Senator: Julienne Jagdeo