Provide a strong voice for graduate students! Volunteer as a GSS Representatives on the AMS council from now until Summer 2018. We are looking for a graduate student to join as one of the four GSS Representatives and advocate for fellow graduate students at AMS Council meetings.
The meetings can be quite interesting at times and dinner is provided. Come and have an impact on student representation.
The AMS is the largest governing student body on campus. Issues they deal with: campus clubs, the nest, events, advocacy to university and external bodies on issues such as transit, housing rights, tuition affordability, textbook prices, etc.
- Participate in discussions at AMS Council meetings
- Give the graduate student perspective to AMS Council decisions
- Be part of a group responsible for updating the GSS about the goings on of the AMS
- AMS Council Meetings are once a month during the summer and every 2 weeks during the school year (Starting in January 2018, Wednesday, 6-9pm)
- The incumbent is also a member of the GSS Council that meets once a month
- Term is from now until Summer 2018
How to Apply
- Email: Bradley Balaton at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line should read: GSS Rep on AMS Council – your full name)
- Or attend the next GSS Council Meeting (Thu. Dec. 7, 5:30pm, GSS Ballroom at Thea Koerner House, 6371 Crescent Road)
Application deadline: December 7, 2017, 5:30pm
Please submit a short description on why you are interested in the position and why you would be a good fit.
The position will be appointed at the next GSS Council Meeting on Dec. 7.