The Graduate Student Society (GSS) advocates for, promotes, and protects the academic, social, intellectual, cultural and recreational interests of its members. Since 2014, the GSS has been conducting the Student Satisfaction Survey (GSS-SSS) to measure the quality of graduate student experience in UBC Vancouver. The answers and opinions collected have been helping the GSS identify the most pressing challenges faced by graduate students, and then advocate the university and government for improvements in areas such as graduate student funding, housing, or career preparation. The GSS is looking for a Coordinator to oversee the preparation and administration of the 2018 GSS-SSS. The Survey Coordinator will report to the GSS VP University and Academic Affairs (VP UAA) and the GSS Academic and External Committee.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consult the constituents of the GSS, including the members of its Academic and External Committee, Executive Committee, and Council, to finalize the substance, structure, and schedule for the 2018 GSS–SSS.
- Address the technical and logistical requirements logistics for the 2018 GSS-SSS.
- Direct the promotion of the 2018 GSS-SSS.
- Collaborate with pertinent agencies within and outside the university, such as the UBC Student Evaluation and Experience Research (SEER) unit, to manage and execute the dissemination of the 2018 GSS-SSS in the Spring 2018.
- Organize the data from, and summarize the findings of, the 2018 GSS-SSS for analyses.
- Secure the data from the 2018 GSS-SSS for archiving.
Hours of Work
- The position requires a time commitment of 5 hours per week.
- The term of the Survey Coordinator will commence on 19 February 2018 and conclude on 22 June 2018 (four months).
- The opportunity to continue working as Survey Analyst after 22 June 2018 is possible but dependent on certain factors, including your availability.
- The Society agrees to pay the Employee the sum of $19.26 per hour plus 4% vacation pay which will be paid biweekly.
- Applicants can be current students of graduate programs in Statistics, Sociology, Data Science, Population and Public Health, or other related disciplines; OR recent graduates of said programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellence in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Must be proficient in Excel, SPSS, or other statistical and visualization tools.
- Must be knowledgeable about online survey platforms such as Qualtrics.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision AND as part of a team.
- Having experience or training in project management is a big asset.
Interviews shall be conducted on 16 February 2018 (Friday) from 3 – 6 PM.
How to Apply
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject line should read: Survey Coordinator – your full name
- Application deadline: 14 February 2018 (Wednesday) at 12 noon PST.
Please email a one-page cover letter (addressed to Teilhard Paradela, GSS VP University and Academic Affairs) explaining why you are interested in and qualified for the job, and a two-page resume (in PDF format) focusing on experiences relevant to the position.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interests in the position. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.