The five student executives and the staff members who manage the day-to-day operations of the Graduate Student Society, UBC Vancouver (GSS) are advocates, creators and instigators. Yes, they obsess over graduate study success, like academic policies, supervisor-student relationships, and extended health and dental coverage, but they also mix with big ideas. They get the 10,000 UBC graduate students talking, get them stoked and inspired for an active and balanced campus life.
About the role
The GSS is looking for Zumba® Instructors who can confidently commit their time to instructing graduate students towards physical and mental wellbeing over a ten-week program through Zumba® instruction.
The goal of the program is to graduate students a social and active setting in which to develop an overall sense of well-being, foster mental clarity, reduce anxiety, and build cardio strength.
- Instruct Zumba® to students
- Ability to lead and motivate a class of university graduate students
- Must have excellent communication and people skills
- Teachers must have a minimum of 50 hours of relevant work experience
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Completion of Zumba® Basic Instruction course
- Prior experience working with classes a plus
- Any specialized skills other than Zumba, IE dance a plus
- Location: Thea Koerner House at UBC
- Required to provide proof of work/education experience and submit to background check upon request
- Program starts on September 26th
Salary & Benefits
- $50/hr – one-hour class, once a week. Ten-week. The program is held Wednesday evenings, between 5:30PM and 6:30PM. (no class on November 28th)
How to Apply
Subject line should read: Zumba Instructor – your full name
Application deadline: August 15, 2018, 11:59pm
Please submit a resume and a cover letter in PDF format, detailing why you are interested in the position and any relevant prior experiences.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interests in the position. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.