The Graduate Student Society, UBC – Vancouver (GSS) is seeking an enthusiastic graduate student to help inform other students about the upcoming provincial election in British Columbia, help students register to vote and collect pledges to vote. Information about where and how to vote can be found here: http://www.elections.bc.ca/index.php/voting/.
The Coordinator will report directly to the GSS VP External Relations and will work with the VP to establish a schedule of activities and work schedule that would guide the Coordinator’s use of allocated work hours.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing regular weekly working hours “tabling” at various locations on and off-campus to help graduate students that are interested in voting in the provincial election and learning about the candidates running in the Point Grey constituency.
- Research information not easily accessible to graduate students about the Elections BC registration process
- Provide referrals to relevant stakeholders (Elections BC, provincial political parties and candidates, or GSS VP External Relations)
- Participate in on-campus training on Feb. 15 and 16
- Regularly check email and voicemail, and respond in a timely manner
- Help to coordinate volunteers interested in working to “get out the vote”
- Maintain a record-keeping mechanism for students who have pledged to vote
- Be proactive and creative with approaches on how to reach out to students, and educate them about the upcoming provincial election
- Disseminate informational materials to graduate students both on paper and online
- Provide support and attend coordination meetings with the GSS VP External Relations every other week
- Regularly informally update the VP External Relations regarding activities and submit a semi-monthly report as to hours worked. Work to align hours of work with the schedule of hours and activities provided by the VP.
- Write a summary report on the activities conducted, due 2 weeks prior to project completion
- This position is paid as an honorarium, based on 10 hours a week, equivalent to $583.33 monthly.
- Position start date: February 6, 2017
- This position is intended to last for approximately 3 months
How to Apply
- Email: Nicholas McGregor, GSS VP External Relations, at email@example.com
- Application deadline: February 14, 2017
Please submit a resume and a cover letter in PDF format.