Job Title: Chief Electoral Officer
PAID position – $800 Honorarium
Your Graduate Student Society (GSS) is seeking applicants for the position of Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) to manage the upcoming annual GSS Student Executive election.
- Promotes to Graduate Students at UBC Vancouver the GSS Executive positions open to nomination, as well as the process and procedures of nomination and election
- Develop and implement the necessary advertising strategies to call for nominations and to encourage voting from the GSS membership
- Ensures that candidates are aware of the responsibilities, duties, and time commitment required for the Executive positions
- Manages the nominating process, reviews nominating documents and authorizes the candidates who have provided the documents necessary to be considered a candidate
- Prescribes the procedures for counting the ballots and communicates these procedures to the candidates before the counting begins, and announces the election results to the Society membership via the Society’s communication channels.
- The CEO reports to the GSS Council meeting following the election and makes recommendations on the election process and procedure as it deems proper
In collaboration with the GSS Elections Committee, the CEO shall:
- Meet with all candidates to present the rules and procedures governing the Elections after the nomination period closes
- Organize at least one meet-the-candidates meeting and/or candidates’ debate before the opening of the polls. These events can be held on-campus or off-campus
- Organize an Elections page on the Society website with a section that provides the candidates an opportunity to present their backgrounds, platforms, and intended goals for their term should they be elected
- $800 honorarium
- Applicant must be current graduate students at UBC Vancouver
How to Apply
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read: GSS CEO
- Application deadline: December 4, 2016, 11:59PM
Please submit a resume and a cover letter in PDF format, detailing why you are interested in the position and any examples of prior experience that is relevant to the position.