The five student executives and the staff members who manage the day-to-day operations of the Graduate Student Society, UBC Vancouver (GSS) are advocates, creators and instigators. Yes, they obsess over graduate study success, like academic policies, supervisor-student relationships, and extended health and dental coverage, but they also mix with big ideas. They get the 10,000 UBC graduate students talking, get them stoked and inspired for an active and balanced campus life.
Thea Koerner House Graduate Student Centre is the home of GSS and the venue for various academic, social, or business events hosted by the Society, its graduate student members or external clients. Our rentable rooms include: GSS Penthouse, Thea’s Lounge, Leon’s Lounge and GSS Ballroom. We also manage the GSS Loft, a satellite meeting space at the AMS Student Nest.
The Events Manager will oversee the entire venue operation of the Graduate Student Centre, encompassing over 9,000 square feet of rentable space, as well as the GSS Loft. Based in the Graduate Student Centre, the incumbent will assist in organizing the numerous graduate student events at UBC Vancouver throughout the year. Some of these events include an annual graduate student orientation for 1,000 new students, sports leagues, classes, hikes, ski trips, and other initiatives to improve graduate student life.
GSS Events and Programming:
- Organize, execute and evaluate GSS events and student programming, such as the Summer Sports Leagues, extra-curricular classes, and career-related workshops
- During the months of April-September, plan and execute the annual graduate student fall orientation
- Collaborate with the Communications leader to market and promote events and services at the Graduate Student Centre
- Oversee all venue operation and rental bookings of the Graduate Student Centre and the GSS Loft
- Provide excellent customer service to all GSS member and non-member clients
- Supervise Event Production Assistants and any additional event/programming staff, including training, scheduling, and holding regular meetings
- Liaise with commercial clients and external stakeholders throughout the event management process
- Provide additional support and resources to graduate students in organizing their events
- Promote graduate student and commercial venue rentals, aiming to meet the projected booking revenue stated in the annual budget
- Manage maintenance of all rental facilities for upkeep and presentation
- Track all events-related statistics, including equipment usage, SOCAN, room usage, and labour hours, etc.
- Track and oversee equipment inventory, event supplies and supplies inventory
- Prepare the flowing reports:
- Monthly reports on bookings, client feedback, and events
- Year-end report on all bookings and events held at the Graduate Student Centre, including recommendations for future improvements and a full report on Orientation for that year
- Ad-hoc reports as requested by the GSS executive, committees and staff
- Support staff and Executive team in special projects
- Provide assistance in any other duties requested by the GSS Executive, committees or other staff members
- The GSS functions as a collaborative work environment, and tasks outside of the scope of this job description will be required of the Employee on occasion
- This position entails additional work hours outside of regular office hours (9am-5pm) as needed for special occasions (e.g. overseeing large events)
- Employee Group: Non Union
- Appointment Type: Contract
- Appointment Status: Full-time (one-year contract with possible extension)
- Start Date: Immediate
- Hours per week: 35
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: Annually $40,000 midpoint (based on work experience and qualifications)
- Benefits: Comprehensive Medical and Dental Benefits, Group RRSP with company matching component (up to 5%), Two weeks of paid vacation
How to Apply
Subject line should begin with: GSS Events Manager
Application deadline: February 26, 2017, 11:59PM
Please submit a resume and a cover letter in PDF format, detailing why you are interested in the position and any relevant prior experiences.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interests in the position. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.