The Graduate Student Society – UBC Vancouver (GSS) is looking for a tech-savvy student to administer the computer network for the GSS office. This is a casual position.
- Act as the primary contact for all issues concerning computers and networking in the Graduate Student Centre
- Manage the office network, including our internal server maintenance and security
- Maintain site network diagram
- Keep server infrastructure up to date
- Active Directory Administration
- Maintain Database Server
- Maintain Mail Server
- Back up the server and accounting systems regularly
- Manage the mailing list of the Society, including addition/deletion of GSS emails
- Report to the General Manger about the state our system infrastructure, including required maintenance, upgrades, and repairs
- Provide documentation for the Society’s hardware and software
- Be immediately available to solve emergency problems related to the above-mentioned duties
- Ensure all server accounts or software licenses are renewed or up-to-date
- Experience in installations, configuration, and administration of Windows
- Understanding of network topologies and terminologies
- Ability to work independently and to troubleshoot IT issues
Hours of Work
This is an on-retainer position meaning you are retained as the System Administrator. There are no set hours for this position which allows for flexible time management. While some weeks there may be significant work, other weeks may have very little, depending on issues as they arise. Many issues can also be dealt with remotely off-site.
The Society agrees to pay the Employee the sum $15 per hour, 26 hours per month (5 to 6 hours weekly). Paycheques are distributed biweekly, provided that all duties pertaining to the position are performed to the General Manager’s satisfaction.
How to Apply
- Email: email@example.com
- Application deadline: May 17, 2016, 11:59PM
Please submit a resume and a brief cover letter in PDF format.