Are you a tech-savvy student looking for exciting work opportunities on campus? We are hiring a Systems Administrator to administer the computer network for the GSS office.
Download: Systems Administrator Job Posting
This casual position has the following responsibilities:
- Act as the primary contact for all issues concerning computers and networking in the Graduate Student Centre.
- Manage the office network, including our internal server maintenance and security.
- Back up the server and accounting systems regularly.
- Manage the mailing list of the Society, including addition/deletion of GSS emails.
- Report to the General Manger about the state our system infrastructure, including required maintenance, upgrades, and repairs.
- Provide documentation for the Society’s hardware and software.
- Be immediately available to solve emergency problems related to the above-mentioned duties.
- Ensure all server accounts or software licenses are renewed or up-to-date.
- Support website maintenance and development as needed (with advanced working knowledge of WordPress, html, and php).
- Must have an advanced working knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to support online outreach as needed.
This is an on-retainer position, meaning you are retained as the System Administrator. There are no set hours for this position, which allows for flexible time management. While some weeks there may be significant work, other weeks may have very little, depending on issues as they arise. Many issues can also be dealt with remotely off-site.
The Society agrees to pay the Employee the sum of $400 per month, which will be paid biweekly, provided that all duties pertaining to the position are performed to the General Manager’s satisfaction.
How to Apply
If you interested in this position, please email a brief cover letter and resume (.PDF) to the GSS Vice-President Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4pm on Friday, March 6, 2015.