We’re looking for 3 Summer Orientation Information Officers to support us in welcoming new Graduate Students to UBC between August 21st-August 29th 2014. Please apply!
– be currently registered UBC Graduate Students
– be familiar with UBC Vancouver Campus
– be available for one-hour training sessions during the week of August 18th.
– be available (35 hours and with no other commitments) on UBC point gray campus during August 20th — August 29th, 2014.
• Sell GSS event tickets and track cash flow
• Record all students who buy event tickets in person.
• Provide required hours of fixed office presence to answer new incoming students’ questions about the best ways to study and live in UBC.
• Assist VP Services, Events Director and the Administrative Assistant in planning, organizing and managing summer orientation events.
• Be available for all orientation events to solve related emergency problems.
• Perform other tasks as may be referred by the VP Services and/or the Events Director and/or Administrative Assistant.
• Report weekly to the VP Services.• Write a brief transition report on the Summer Orientation as far as it concerns their duties.
The Graduate Student Society will pay each of Summer Orientation Information Officer the sum of $400, provided that all duties pertaining to the position are performed to VP Services’ satisfaction.
The payment will be disbursed after the officer submits the transition report.
Please email your CV to (email@example.com) by July 25th @ 5 PM.