Your Graduate Student Society UBC Vancouver (GSS) is offering an employment opportunity for a student knowledgeable and experienced in aggregating, organizing, and analyzing data gathered from approximately 1000 surveys, each survey containing 74 questions.
Download Job Posting: Survey Data Analyst
More specifically, the employee will have the following responsibilities:
- Organize data into a series of subsets as directed by the GSS President and Policy Researcher.
- Carry out statistical analysis of the data and identify and report on patterns in the data.
- Analyze and identify patterns in data segments.
- Conduct comparisons of various data subset and segmenting data.
- Carry out specific data analysis as directed by the GSS President and Policy Researcher on specific survey questions and/or key GSS issues.
Note: The Survey Data Analyst shall not be responsible for interpreting data, i.e. causation of apparent data correlations.
Hours of Work – The position requires a time commitment of 10 hours per week. On occasion in response to deadlines, the GSS President and/or Policy Researcher may request that the employee work up to 15 hours a week but this would not be a regular requirement. The GSS President or Policy Researcher may establish a regular meeting schedule but aside from this schedule, the employee will be permitted to manage their own work schedule.
Term of Employment – The term of this position shall run from April 27th to June 30th, 2015.
Wage – The Society agrees to pay the Employee the sum of $14.00 per hour which will be paid biweekly, provided that all duties pertaining to the position are performed to the General Manager’s satisfaction.
How to Apply – If you interested in this position, please email a resume and a cover letter (PDF) that details experience and training specifically relevant to the requirements of the position to the GSS General Manager, (email@example.com) by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, April 22, 2015.