Let’s Talk Science UBC is looking for a graduate student to become their next Executive Coordinator. Details below.
Let’s Talk Science is a non-profit science outreach program that aims to engage youths in hands-on/minds-on activities to increase their interest in science. The program is coordinated at UBC by a team of graduate students who manage volunteers, facilitate outreach programs, and handle administrative tasks throughout the year.
- Executive coordinator, Volunteer Engagement
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to Ruth & Sherry at email@example.com. Deadline for application is Monday, April 13th , 2015.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must be a UBC graduate student in good academic standing in 2014/15
- Must be passionate about science outreach
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate and inspire others
- Able to work as a team member using strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a leadership position an asset
- Background in science an asset
As an executive coordinator on the team, your major responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the ongoing Executive coordinator
- Managing a team of 6 assistant coordinators
- Recruiting and training new volunteers
- Recruiting and training new coordinators
- Supporting Let’s Talk Science site volunteers by helping to plan activities, organizing activity supplies, and making travel arrangements
- Seeking out new collaborations, volunteer opportunities, and funding opportunities
- Maintaining up-to-date, complete records of activities carried out and evaluations received on the Let’s Talk Science portal
- Compiling and writing reports to local and national funders
- Maintaining the volunteer database
- Responding to volunteer inquiries
- Coordinating volunteer recognition, including monthly and annual awards
- Maintaining regular contact with the National Coordinator, Assistant National Coordinator, and others at the National Office
- Attending at least one fully funded Let’s Talk Science conference each year
Time Commitment: Approx. 5-15 hrs/week, depending on the time of year
Start date: June 1, 2014.
Must be available for the fully funded Let’s Talk Science conference in Ontario June 2-7th