UBC Let’s Talk Science is looking for an enthusiastic graduate student to join our coordinating team! The successful applicant will work with a dedicated group of coordinators and volunteers to engage youth in hands-on, minds-on science, technology, engineering, and math activities across Vancouver. One assistant coordinator position is currently available for the Teacher Partnership Program. Please see job responsibilities below.
Time Commitment: Approx. 6-8 hrs/week
- Recruit school teachers from all across Vancouver through mail and email
- Assist in training and managing volunteers
- Connect graduate students and teachers, help to coordinate visits, and oversee individual partnerships
- Follow up regarding volunteer visits to classrooms and identify any barriers that may exist in scheduling visits
- Facilitate feedback from volunteers and teachers
- Help volunteers log their classroom visits online
- Work together with volunteers to create new science activities, inform of appropriate existing activities, or tailor lesson plans to specific teacher needs
- Respond to requests for supplies through email or arranging times to meet and running office hours
As this position is funded through work-learn, the successful applicant must be a student during the 2014/2015 academic year. Experience in the Let’s Talk Science Teacher Partnership Program is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume with cover letter email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Monday, June 9th, 2014. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any questions regarding the positions or job responsibilities.