A message from UBC Enrolment Services:
I’m writing with an exciting opportunity for a student to engage in professional development and community contribution through becoming involved in the next phase of the Student Academic Systems Initiative.
There are actually many ways for students to contribute to SASI. Our current need is for a student to participate in helping UBC select corporate partners for the provision and implementation of the solution of our new Student Academic System. This phase of the project is called “Procurement” and will involve in-depth meetings as a member of an “Evaluation Committee” with potential corporate partners to evaluate and ultimately decide on their ability to meet UBC’s needs.
A student engaging in this opportunity could expect to learn a great deal about:
- Collaborative evaluation related to enterprise systems
- University governance structures and collaborative decision-making
- How large-scale enterprise solution implementation works in a complex organization
- How large-scale process change is supported and communicated in a complex organization
In turn, a student participant would be expected to contribute:
- Insights about how enterprise solution implementation can be done most effectively for student stakeholders
- Insights about strengths and weaknesses of a particular solution from a student perspective
- Input into recommendations and decisions affecting the SASI program
We are seeking a student (or very recent graduate) with the following attributes:
- Experience with collaborative consultation and recommendation development
- Insight into broad issues related to UBC student experience as it relates to management of admission, enrolment, program planning, finances, etc.
- A strong level of technology fluency is a plus
This is a paid position at a rate of $20/hr. The expected time commitment and timeframe is approximately 15-20 hours per week from March 1 through July 31, 2017. A commitment for this full period is required (occasional absences OK).
Interested students are asked to submit a one-page maximum cover letter (and resume/CV if available) describing their interest and experience relevant to this role, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day on February 28, 2017.
Thank you for your interest!
Associate Vice-President, Enrolment Services & Registrar