GSS Commissioners assist GSS Executives in the implementation of our policies and the coordination of activities in targeted areas.
The Knowledge Mobilization Commissioner advises the GSS Executive as to how the Society can promote knowledge mobilization and community engagement within UBC’s graduate student community and works in concert with the Executive on various initiatives that support knowledge mobilization and community engagement.
- Attends meetings with various university stakeholders external to the GSS as the designated delegate of the GSS Executive
- Advises the GSS Executive as to how the Society can best support knowledge mobilization and community engagement
- At the direction of the GSS Executive, undertakes initiatives to educate UBC’s graduate student community about knowledge mobilization and community engagement
- Works with UBC and the GSS Executive to host panel discussions and workshops
- Must be a graduate student at UBC Vancouver
- Reports: VP External Relations
- Average time commitment per week: 3 – 5 hours
- Individual recognition: A formal transcript documenting position duties and scope of authority, initiatives undertaken, and documenting period of time served in the position
How to Apply
- Email email@example.com