- Be a currently enrolled as graduate student in a program of the UBC Vancouver Campus
- Reside in Canada
- Be in a recent unforeseen financial hardship and be able to provide documentations. Note that the financial difficulty needs to be unexpected and recent.
- Proof of Enrolment· Downloaded from SSC account
- Cover Letter, delineating a recent unforeseen financial hardship· The cover letter needs to elaborate on the unexpected nature of the recent financial difficulty, and contain the total amount of household income, the spending /expense, and the amount of funding that the situation requires. Please note that declaring the required amount will merely provide a general overview of the unexpected situation to the panel and hence is not guaranteed.· The cover letter needs to answer the question if the unexpected situation is ongoing, in what way/ how this one-time funding will assist the applicant with the situation.· If Emergency Fund has been awarded, the applicants need to note the amount of this fund and express how this fund alleviated the financial hardship
- Support Letter· Support Letter can be provided by any academic / non-academic office. This letter aims to back up and provide details on student’s financial hardship. The supporter needs to have sufficient knowledge of the applicant’s financial hardship.· The offices includes but not limited to departments, enrolment centre, Ombudspersons, Equity and Inclusion, The Accessibility centre, etc.· The letter can similarly be provided by supervisor / advisor
- Letter from Enrolment Centre· This letter needs to embrace whether the applicant has received emergency fund, stating the amount, and the date. The approval letter of award provided by enrolment centre would suffice for this purpose as well. If not eligible for this fund, a letter indicating the ineligibility is needed.
- Additional Documentation· Applicant are welcomed to provide additional documentations to support their claim.
Please note that the required documentations are obligatory to process the application. Any inadvertence in submitting the complete package of required documentations would prolong the process.
If enrolment services has awarded aid, the applicant will need to show how fund has been spent; and clarify in the cover letter if the application to the GSFA is for the same issue.
The panel invites the applicant to provide any additional supporting documentations that may provide clarity and insight into the situation.