Job Title: Event Production Assistant (EPA)
Thea Koerner House Graduate Student Center is the home of the Graduate Student Society, UBC Vancouver (GSS) and the venue for various kinds of academic, social or business events, including weddings, conferences, parties, meetings and dinners. Our rentable rooms include: the Penthouse and Thea’s Lounge.
Event Production Assistants (EPAs) are part-time staff members of the GSS who report to the GSS Events Manager. EPAs provide event support services for GSS events and for GSS clients holding events in the various venues in the Graduate Student Centre and the GSS Loft located in The Nest. EPAs are responsible for ensuring that GSS venues are maintained in a manner that demonstrates pride of ownership and professional event and facility management.
- Setting up rooms for events in the Thea Koerner House Graduate Student Centre
- Cleaning and clearing rooms after events
- Supervising events and acting as the lead building contact should any issues arise
- Opening and closing of rooms for groups, as well as securing the building after hours
- Writing summary reports of events about any emergencies that occurred during an event.
- Helping with small building maintenance projects
- Setting up and supervising the Summer Sports League
- Comfortable with physical labour and lifting heavy 30 to 50-pound objects
- Other tasks as assigned
Experience/skills that are not required but would be considered an asset
- Experience with event management or event planning
- Any experience working with audio/visual equipment is an asset (ex. Projectors, speakers, microphones, mixers/amplifiers)
- Good availability on weekday evenings
- $14.56/hour plus vacation pay
- The GSS is sensitive to the academic needs of UBC students
- Event Production Assistants shifts will be scheduled according to each student’s availability and not at times when employees have classes or exams
- The GSS encourages staff members to work cooperatively and assist each other when unexpected academic requirements arise by allowing staff members trade shifts or accept shifts from other EPAs
- Scheduling of all shifts is done one week prior to the shift
- Shifts will range from 2-6 hours, weekend shifts generally range from 4-8 hours
- Applicants/part-time employees must be students registered at UBC
How to Apply
- Email: email@example.com
- Application deadline: January 24, 2020 at Midnight
Please submit a resume and a brief cover letter in PDF format.