- This event has passed.
GSS and LFS Thrive: Keep Cooking and Carry on!
November 18, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm PSTFree
The Faculty of Land and Food System Graduate Student Council fosters community within the department where students seek to address issues in the areas of health and sustainable food systems.
In this event, we will live demo how to make perogies from start to finish. You’ll pre-purchase all materials ahead of time, which will allow you to make perogies with the event organizers and we’ll leave half hour at the end to share and taste our creations!
Ingredients and supplies needed:
- Small bag of flour
- Eggs (smallest carton is 6) or vegan butter
- Potatoes (4 individual/small bag)
- Rolling pin (or wine bottle)
- Cooking pots
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Digital scale or measuring cup
- Round cutting implement (a mason jar lid works great).
- *Feel free to add cheese or sour cream if you’d like and you can also adapt ingredients depending on your dietary restrictions!
-This event is part of the Thrive Month Initiative at UBC. For more information on other events, visit their website.
-The GSS will reimburse $15 per person to pay for ingredients, for those who attend! (itemized receipt will be requested).