Get out and experience the Canadian great outdoors! The Dog Mountain Trail is a short, easy hike from Mount Seymour that offers a spectacular view of Vancouver on a clear day!
THIS IS AN EASY TO INTERMEDIATE HIKE! With over minimal gain in elevation gain and 5 kms roundtrip this hike in considered a short hike but a bit technical in some areas. Shoes/boots with good support are a must. We also suggest bringing enough water and snacks or a lunch! No sandals/Converse! We recommend fitness clothing (stretchy or quick dry hiking clothes) and would advise against jeans. Hiking poles are recommended but not required. This hike will take approximately 2 hours round trip which includes breaks and selfie stops. We recommend bringing a lunch for a picnic with a view at the top!
We will also be giving each attendee a small breakfast once we get to the hike!
This event is supported by UBC Wellbeing (as part of UBC’s Wellbeing Strategic Framework)
1. UBC at the Thea Koerner House (6371 Crescent Road) at 9:00am sharp! Please arrive 15 mins early to check in.
2. Park Inn (898 W Broadway) at 9:20 am. Please arrive 15 mins early to check in with staff, you will be picked up by a bright yellow school bus.
3. Canada Place (bus pickup zone) at 9:45 am. Please arrive 15 mins early to check in with staff.
The bus will leave at 2:00pm sharp. Please arrive for 1:45pm and time your return hike accordingly. The bus will make stops only at Canada Place, Broadway and UBC on the way back.
- We do not accept walk-ons or day of ticket purchases. All students must sign a waiver prior to attending the hiking trip.
- Tickets for Non-grads are on a first-come first-serve basis and with limited spaces available as priority is given to graduate students members. (Non-Grad Students are defined by UBC staff/faculty, spouses or partners, and family of grad students)
- Refunds: Any refund requests must be made at least 7 days prior to the event date.
- If you request a refund after purchasing your ticket, note that Eventbrite won’t return the fees that they collected (new policy).
- To avoid EventBrite fees, in-person pre-event registration at the GSS Office is available with exact cash or cheque only. No registration will be held via phone request.