- This event has passed.
GSS Thrive Lunch and Learn: Mental Health Literacy
November 7, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PSTFree
Come learn about about mental health literacy and how to cope with the stressors that come with being Graduate Student. In this session you will:
- Explore a framework for understanding mental health
- Understand the stress response
- Identify coping strategies to respond to the stress response
- Learn about the mental health supports available on and off campus
- Levonne Abshire, Health Promotion Strategist in the Health Promotion and Education Unit in Student Development Services UBC
*Food will be provided. Please RSVP only if you’re certain that you can attend the event.
*Attendees are also encouraged to bring their own containers to help make sure no food goes to waste as well as mugs for the drinks we’ll be providing.
*This event is part of the Thrive Month Initiative at UBC. For more information on other events, visit their website.