- This event has passed.
GSS Softball League 2021
July 21 @ 5:00 pm - August 25 @ 9:00 pm PDT
Gather your teammates and dig out your gloves because registration opens now!
Now that the sun is out and outdoor gatherings are allowed, the annual GSS Summer Softball League is back! This year, the league is hosted by the GSS in collaboration with UBC REC!
Teams must be consisted of at least 9 athletes, with 2 of the opposite sex in the field at all times. Registration is open to all UBC Graduate Students with each team allowed 2 “imports” total of non-graduate students – family, undergrads, faculty, etc. Teams are capped at 25 athletes.
Register your team by July 14, 2021, 11:59pm.
Please note: Individuals must register with a team, we do not place individuals on teams.
How to register?
- Visit https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/gss-softball-league-2021-tickets-107115262634
- Click on “TEAM” and create your team name and password and share it with your team mates.
- Team mates will have to input the team name and password in order to register individually (free).
- Once the team is registered, the captain will have to pay for the 1 time registration fee ($150 for the whole team!)
- Rules will be shared to the team captains closer to the date.
- This league will be under the direction of the Provincial Health regulations as well as UBC Regulations.
- If at any point the League needs to be stopped, we would refund the captain for any un-played games.
- Games will begin on July 21st at the UNA Nobel Softball Diamond between 5:00 and 9:00pm. They will be played on Wednesdays for 6 weeks.
- A full season schedule will be sent out to everyone after the Captain’s Meeting (TBD).
- Please note that the team fee must only be paid once by the Team Captain – individuals must complete their registration separately.
- Teams are NOT considered registered until the Team Registration Fee has been paid!
- Note that if you purchase your ticket online and then request a refund, you will not receive the Eventbrite fee back.
Good luck to all teams participating!
Can my partner/friend/family member who is not a graduate student play?
YES! However, only 2 spots per team are allowed for people who are not current UBC graduate students.
Can the team fee be paid in person?
We are not accepting any in person payments at the moment. We will be facilitating e-transfer payments to those who require it. Team spots will not be held for teams at any time.
Do we have to wear jerseys?
More details will be provided upon registration!