Do you want to build essential management and communication skills? Your GSS is looking for a UBC graduate student to join our student management team as the next Financial and Executive Oversight Officer (FEO).
In a nutshell, the FEO oversees the GSS’ budgets and finances with a semi-monthly honorarium of $510.00. Term runs until August 2021.
What you will be doing
- Report to Council on the financial situation of the Society on a monthly basis;
- Prepare and present a complete budget and financial statements for the Society each trimester and ensure the completion of the Society budget process on schedule
with House Finance Committee;
- Chair the Executive Oversight Committee and complete all duties outlined in the Policy
- Oversee audit of the financial records and books of accounts to be performed at the
end of each fiscal year
- Be responsible for the supervision of staff of the Society in financial matters and ensure
the Society’s policy on Signing Authority is followed
- Be responsible for the activities of the House Finance Committee;
- Ensure the implementation of Bylaw 3.9 and Bylaw 11;
- Provide six hours of office presence per week, excluding the time required for
committee meetings pertaining to their duties; the time shall be used to perform other
normal duties of the position
- Report to Council on a regular basis, work collaboratively with the Executive Committee,
and perform such other duties as directed by Council or the membership.
Interested applicants must deliver the following:
- Send a 250-word statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2020, 5pm
- Deliver a one-minute presentation at the next GSS Council Meeting (August 20, 5:30pm. You will be invited to attend the online meeting via Teams)
The position will be appointed by council vote at the GSS Council Meeting.
About the GSS
The GSS (Graduate Student Society) serves the 10,000 graduate students at UBC Vancouver, helping them have the best experience possible during their studies. We connect graduate students with campus resources, opportunities, and social events. We provide everything from individual support for students, to advocacy at provincial and federal levels on the most important issues graduate students face. The GSS is located at Thea Koerner House, which has been the center of graduate student life on campus since it was opened in 1962.
Ensuring an inclusive and diverse workplace is a key value of the GSS. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives, and are proud to promote a supportive work environment.
Come be a part of the GSS.