This winter the GSS is encouraging graduate students to (safely) enjoy the snow on our local slopes! Our Local Mountains subsidy scheme allows UBC graduate students to get discounts on their tickets to our wonderful mountains near the city.
You can get a 25% discount on any day pass to either Cypress, Grouse, or Seymour Mountains from February 15 – March 15, 2021. Go out and enjoy the snow and fresh air on the slopes (in a pandemic-friendly manner) and share your visit with the rest of the grad student community on social media using the hashtag #GSSGoesOutside.
- Offer available to UBC Vancouver graduate students ONLY
- 25% subsidy from price for 1 day pass (not valid for multi-day, season passes, or any add-ons such as rentals)
- 1 per mountain, per student only (no multiple mountains)
- Available for the first 50 student submissions
- Program runs for any visit between February 15 – March 15, 2021 (day pass must be valid for this period, submissions accepted until March 31, 2021)
- Qualifying locations: Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain, Mt Seymour
- Cypress: Valid for a Full Day pass ($76-85 value)
- Grouse: Valid for a Day or Night Ski/Board ticket ($75-79 value)
- Seymour: Valid for a Lift Ticket (max $79 value)
How to Claim Your Discount
- Be a current UBC Graduate Student at the Vancouver Campus
- Submit a copy of your UBC Student Card
- Submit a copy of your ticket (must show the same name as the Student Card)
- Submit a copy of your itemized receipt (must show the same name as Student Card)
- Send your submission to us via this form (by March 31st, 2021 at noon)
Your subsidy will be sent via e-transfer within 1 working week from submission date to the email provided.