The holidays are fast approaching — which for some grad students/families can be a particularly challenging time. Together, with your support, we can make this time as special as possible.
This winter season, the GSS is spreading holiday cheer through holiday hampers to support current graduate students at UBC Vancouver who are struggling financially while undertaking their studies. Hampers can range in size and value depending on the student’s needs.
Hampers will be assembled and delivered by the GSS.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
The Holiday Hamper Program needs your support! This new tradition at the GSS offers fellow grad students and university departments and units the opportunity to make the holiday season a special one for UBC grad students and student-families!
All donations are gladly accepted at the GSS Office by November 30th 2022.
Suggested items (some are for student-families):
- Gingerbread House Kit
- Good Quality Chocolates
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Apple Cider Mix
- Popcorn (microwave)
- Candy Canes
- Cookies (boxed and festive themed)
- Panettone (boxed)
- Family Games:
- Puzzles (250-500 pieces)
- Playing Cards
- Holiday Crackers (pull apart novelties with prizes inside)
- Cereal (festive themed)
- Marshmallows (festive ones)
- Colouring Pencils
- Colouring Books
Hamper Sign Up
Please ensure you complete the form below in full. The application is available until November 18th, at 5pm. Selected applicants will receive an email notification by early December.
Eligible recipients must:
- Be current graduate students of UBC Vancouver
- Complete the sign-up form outlining their need for assistance and/or specific barriers to study at UBC
Preference will be given to applicants from one or more of the following groups:
- Single parent students
- Students with families
- LGBTQIA2S+ students
- Indigenous students
- Students of colour
- Students with a disability
- International students (please note, international students must be in Vancouver to pick up a Hamper)
- Completing this form does not guarantee that you will receive a hamper
- By completing this form, you agree to have the GSS contact you