We’re on the lookout for an experienced HR consultant to help research, create, develop and improve the GSS’ human resources policies and processes.
The Human Resource Contractor will provide Human Resource research analysis under the supervision of the Chair of the HR Committee, President and the General Manager to promote the research, creation and development of human resource policies and processes designed to provide a healthy work environment and improve productivity, efficiency, communications, and employee morale at the GSS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advising the HR Committee on the administration of human resources policies and procedures
- Creating, developing, and revising HR policies and procedures (the GSS HR policy manual)
- Analyzing current HR programs and providing recommendations and solutions
- Preparing survey questions for the interviewing of in-house executives and staff
- Conducting research and analyzing data for HR special projects
- Assisting in recruiting and training of employees using the best hiring practices
- Developing OHS policy statement and Employee Health & Wellness program
- Attending bi-weekly HR committee meetings
- Preparing and conducting bi-weekly reports to the HR committee
- A university degree with a preferred background in Human Resource Management
- Understanding of employment laws and in-depth knowledge of HR policies, employment legislation and standards, and best practices
- Solid understanding of research methods, database usage and analysis
- Excellent team player and self-motivated learner
- Strong time management and project coordination skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Start date: September 1, 2021
End date: August 31, 2022
Hourly wage: $28 – $30 per hour, up to 15 hours per month
Deadline to apply: September 10, 2021
How to Apply
Please send your application to email@example.com. Please submit a cover letter and resume (PDF) that details experience and training specifically relevant to the requirements of the position.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interests in the position. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
The GSS values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and other underrepresented groups to apply.