This winter, the GSS is encouraging UBC graduate students to get out there and enjoy our city’s wonderful local slopes (safely, of course!) through the Mountain Subsidy Program.
From February 1 – March 5, 2022, enjoy a 50% subsidy on any day pass to one of these locations:
What are you waiting for? Head out, enjoy the snow and fresh air on the slopes (in a pandemic-friendly manner), and share your visit with the grad community on social media using the hashtag #GSSGoesOutside.
- Eligibility: UBC-Vancouver Graduate Students ONLY
- Fifty percent (50%) subsidy for the price of one (1) day pass (not valid for multi-day, season passes, or any add-ons such as rentals)
- One (1) subsidy request per student (No multiple mountain visits)
- Program runs for any visit between February 1 – March 5, 2022, i.e. day pass must be valid for this period
- Mountain visits made within the qualifying time period, even before the announcement of this program, are eligible for subsidy
- Qualifying locations include:
- Cypress: Valid for a Full Day pass ($76-85 value)
- Grouse: Valid for a Day or Night Ski/Board ticket ($75-79 value)
- Seymour: Valid for a Lift Ticket (Max. $79 value)
- Submissions of subsidy requests must be made by March 31, 2022, 12:00 PM PST
How to Claim Your Discount
Fill out the Submission Form by March 31, 2022, 12:00 PM with the following information:
- A copy of your UBC Student Card (front and back)
- A copy of your ticket (must show the same name as your UBC Student Card)
- A copy of your itemized receipt (must show the same name as your UBC Student Card)
- An email address to receive subsidy via e-transfer
Your subsidy will be sent via e-transfer to the email provided after the submission deadline.