Affiliate Organizations (AOs) are a vital part of the GSS. We work closely with on- and off-campus graduate student associations and groups throughout the year to foster and strengthen a close-knit graduate student community.
If you are part of a graduate student group on campus, you can apply to become an Affiliate Organization of the GSS. This entitles your group to a number of benefits including access to the GSS Event Fund, which allows AO’s to get a rebate of expenses for events organized for graduate students.
Apply or Renew an AO Status
Note: Four (4) supporting signatures are required to support the process of becoming affiliated.
- Download and fill out the AO Application & Renewal form completely
- Email the completed form to
We will confirm when we receive your application and include it in the next upcoming Council meeting for approval of your affiliation.
Apply for Project/Event Funding
- Download and fill out both the Event Fund Application form and the Budget Spreadsheet
- Email the documents to
- VP Students will contact you to confirm the approved amount of funding
- Hold your event/project (Remember to collect receipts and attendance sheets)
- Fill out the Post-Event Report – Update Budget, compile receipts, attendance sheets, and marketing materials
- Email all documents to within 2 weeks of the end of your project/event to receive your reimbursement