Graduate student life is better when it’s shared with friends and peers. Grad Life through your Lens is a competition that is about sharing. Sharing the experiences of campus life with other graduate students by capturing one of the moments of beauty, humour or friendship that make up graduate student life. We want images that capture your experiences at UBC!
Theme: Graduate Student Impact
Do you have an image that captures the essence and impact of your graduate research/studies? This could show off the outcomes of research, the impact on individuals, or even the way graduate study affects you personally. Just be creative. Enter the 2021 GSS Graduate Impact Competition to win a prize , and the opportunity and prestige to see your image displayed on and off campus. This competition is open to all UBC-Vancouver graduate students in both thesis- and course-based programs.
- All UBC Graduate students are invited to participate.
- No more than 3 entries per person.
- The judges will be taking in consideration the following: creativity, composition and relevance to the topic/theme.
- Use common file formats (jpeg, gif, png, tiff) and a max. of 5 MB per photo. Make sure you retain a high-resolution copy of your photographs to ensure we can properly display them.
- By submitting your photo to the contest, you must agree that you have permission to take the photo of the selected location, intellectual and/or artistic copyright, and individuals, and have their permission to enter the photo in this contest; and as the photographer, you retain copyright to the photo submitted, you grant the GSS a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to display your submitted images and use them in future marketing publications, on our website or elsewhere.
- Judges reserve the right to exclude any photos that are deemed inappropriate and/or are a violation of Canadian Copyright laws.
- Please do not submit photos of children unless there’s given consent.
- Submit your photo via Instagram DM (UBCGSS) or to email@example.com
- Submissions must include your name, title of the photo (description), location the photo was taken, and the name of your program.
- Submissions close at noon on February 15th, 2021
Prize: photo displayed in the GSS Loft as well as website plus $100 Gift Card
*Winner will be announced via email and posted on Social Media as well as the GSS Newsletter
Contact Us: If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org