Calling all poets and Haiku-enthusiasts! Spring is here and we’re feeling sentimental. Tell us about all your big grad student feels in tiny 5-7-5 haiku form, get some laughs, and maybe even win a prize!
Theme: Grad Students in Spring
Do you have a love for language? A preference for poetry? A hankering for haiku? Send us your silliest haiku poetry about springtime, your grad student experience, just whatever those big feels are! Submit your poetry for the chance to win a prize and the honour of having your poem displayed on our website and social media, plus the prestige, of course. How about something to start you off?
Title: Zoom Class Feels
Open up about that time
You forgot to mute
- All UBC Vancouver Graduate students are invited to participate
- Maximum 3 entries per person
- The judges will be taking in consideration the following: creativity, humour and adherence to the 5-7-5 syllable haiku rule!
- Entries can be in text or images of text in .jpeg or .png format
- By submitting your photo to the contest, you agree that your content is original and not plagiarized; and as the author, you retain all rights to the creative material, and grant the GSS a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to display your poem in social media, marketing publications, on our website or elsewhere.
- Please keep your poetry family-friendly!
- Submit your photo via Instagram DM (UBCGSS) or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions must include your name, email, name of your program, poem title, and poem itself
- Submissions close at noon on March 26, 2021
Prize: $25 gift card of your choice and a feature on GSS social media and newsletter!
*Winner will be contacted via email and posted on Social Media as well as the GSS Newsletter