Our most recent GSS Council Meeting took place on May 16 at the Michael Kingsmill forum in the AMS Nest. Council is made up of representatives from departments across campus and is the Society’s most important decision-making body.
This was the first official council meeting for our new executive team and there were several important items decided.
- The Society agreed a procedure for providing funds to graduate students through our Graduate Student Financial Aid fund
- We made changes to our Event Fund to make it more accessible to graduate student groups
- We agreed the GSS budget for the new financial year including support for a wide range of events and other activities
The Society welcomed 2 new councillors to the GSS
- Alvionne Gardner-Harrison was seated as departmental representative for the School of Library, Archives and Information Studies.
- Philip Wijaya was seated as departmental representative for the School of Chemical and Biological Engineering.
And several new Committee Members
- Andy An was seated as an Ordinary Member to the Code and Policy Committee.
- Alvionne Gardner-Harrison was seated as member on the Governance and Accountability Committee.
- Timothy Luk was seated as member on the Code and Policy committee
- Claire Preston was seated as an Ordinary Member to the House Finance Committee.
- Nevena Rebic was re-seated as GSS Representative on the AMS/GSS Health and Dental Committee
If you want more information about GSS Council meetings you can access all the minutes here: http://gss.ubc.ca/council